Thursday, August 16, 2012

Crochet Pattern: Tuxedo Baby Bib

This is what I did today in a matter of about half an hour.  This is my boyfriend's niece's baby, what a cutie pie he is.  He makes a great model, far better than the stuffed pig I was going to use.  lol...




Crochet Pattern: Tuxedo Shirt Baby Bib
copyright 2012 by Cynthia J Luciene

Pattern Notes:  ch 3 at beginning of row counts as first dc for that row so you will skip making a dc in the very first stitch in the row (because the ch 3 is your first stitch) except in the first rows where you are increasing or working sc.

Body of bib:
Start with white Lily's Sugar And Cream 100% cotton yarn (worsted weight) or another cotton yarn of the same weight (category 4).

Using an H hook,  ch 17.

Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each rem chain; turn (16 sc)

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc),  dc in same st as turning ch, dc in next 2 sc, FPDC in next sc, dc in next 2 sc, FPDC in next sc, dc in next 3 sc, FPDC in next sc, dc in next 2 sc, FPDC in next sc, dc in next 2 sc, 2 dc in last sc; turn

Row 3: Ch 3,  dc in same as turning ch, dc in each dc, BPDC in each FPDC, 2dc in top of turning ch 3; turn

Rows 4-5:  Follow stitch pattern for rows 2, 3 increasing by 1 dc at beginning and 1 dc at end of each row.  (DC in each DC, BPDC in each FPDC, FPDC in each BPDC.

Rows 6-13:   Work even as follows: ch 3 (counts as first dc) dc in each dc, BPDC in each FPDC; turn, ch 3, dc in each dc, FPDC in each BPDC.   Don't forget to make a DC in the top of the ch 3 turning ch which is counting as the first DC of the row.  This keeps the edges smooth instead of bumpy.
(Do not fasten off)

Shoulders:
(RS facing, shoulder on the right)
Rows 1, 2:   ch 3, dc in next 5 dc, turn 

Rows 3-5   ch 1, sc in each st across  - do not skip the first st as you did when ch 3 was a dc.  (6 sc in each row).  On last row of sc, do not turn but ch 52 for tie.  Fasten off.

(RS facing, this will be for shoulder on the left)
Rows 1, 2   (Attach to the top of the ch 3 from row 13 of body of bib with a tight sl st) ch 3 (counts as first dc) dc in next 5 dc, turn

Rows 3-5: ch 1, sc in EACH dc (do not skip first st), turn
(Do not fasten off)
Chain 52, fasten off, weave in all ends.

Edging:  Attach white to upper left shoulder of bib with a sc, sc evenly in ends of rows and in unused loops of the beginning ch 17, and up the other side in ends of rows.  This will give the bib a nice finished look around the edges.  Fasten off, weave in ends.

Bow Tie:
With black, ch 6
Making all of the following stitches inside the first ch (6th chain from hook):
3DTRC, ch 6, sl st, ch 6, 3 DTRC, ch 6, sl st.
Holding bow tie horizontally, sc around middle of tie to accentuate the "knot" a bit.  Leave ends long so you have plenty to tie the bow to the bib and weave in ends so there's no chance of bow coming off of bib and creating a choking hazard.

Buttons:
Using black and a yarn needle, make buttons down front of bib, underneath the bow with a satin stitch.  You can also use real buttons but I wouldn't recommend it because they are a potential choking hazard.

  You may sell anything you make using this pattern but you may not sell the pattern.  You can freely distribute the pattern by using a link back to this page only.  If you make and distribute hard copies of this pattern please be sure to include this blog Name and Web Address on the paper copies and print this page in it's entirety:  *Cynthia's Cynfully Spiffy Stuff  http://anitalite.blogspot.com*  Thank you and enjoy!
copyright 2012 by Cynthia J Luciene

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Susan said...

absolutely darling for the boys!

cbzzzzzzz said...

That is so cute!
Thank you for sharing. :-)

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This article couldn't be written much better! Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept preaching about this. I most certainly will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he's going to have a very good read.
I appreciate you for sharing!

Feel free to visit my blog; How to get your ex back

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or
guest authoring on other sites? I have a
blog centered on the same topics you discuss and would really like to
have you share some stories/information. I know my
visitors would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me
an e-mail.

Also visit my web blog - caterers Cape Town

Anonymous said...

Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it
from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out.
Please let me know where you got your theme. Kudos

My web-site - hair stylist Parktown North

Anonymous said...

all the time i used to read smaller posts that also clear their motive,
and that is also happening with this article which I am reading here.


Also visit my site :: acne Durban
my webpage > scarring Durban

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back
to your webpage? My blog site is in the very same niche
as yours and my users would truly benefit from some of the
information you present here. Please let me know if this okay with you.
Appreciate it!

Here is my homepage: more information

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.

I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post. Also, I've shared your site in my social networks!

Anonymous said...

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems
as though you relied on the video to make your point.
You obviously know what youre talking about,
why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could
be giving us something enlightening to read?

Here is my webpage - More Information

Anonymous said...

bookmarked!!, I like your website!

Anonymous said...

Hello, always i used to check weblog posts here early in the dawn, since i enjoy to find out more and more.


My homepage; know More

Anonymous said...

Since the admin of this website is working, no question very rapidly it will be well-known, due
to its feature contents.

Anonymous said...

These are really fantastic ideas in regarding blogging.

You have touched some good points here. Any way keep
up wrinting.

Have a look at my site ... more information

Susan Hammitt said...

thanks for sharing. So cute, perfect for a gift and to make for our church fundraiser sale

Cynthia said...

You're very welcome Susan, good luck with your fundraiser!