While checking out the Jello products I noticed a flavor of pudding/pie filling I'd never had the pleasure of tasting...
Strawberry Cream flavor! My mind went into high gear and out of nowhere came the idea for a tasty surprise pie that used the strawberry cream pudding mix and, well, the rest is in the recipe below. Copyright 2014 Cynthia J Luciene
Please share this recipe with anyone you like using a link to this page, thank you. You may also print and share hard copy, please include copyright at end of recipe, thank you.
This recipe is not to be sold but you may sell anything you make using this recipe.
Strawberry Creme Pie Surprise
- A prepared or store bought graham cracker crust (or one made from scratch, baked and cooled which will only take approximately 15 minutes total prep and baking time)
- 2 3.4oz pkgs Jell-0 brand Strawberry ~ Creme Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 4 Cups cold milk
- 1/2 pkg Jet Puffed Strawberry flavored marshmallows; tiny size if available; if not available, follow instructions for regular size marshmallows below**
- 1 dozen good-sized fresh, ripe strawberries, washed, patted dry, de-stemmed
- 1 can real whipped cream (or make fresh whipped cream, if you prefer. This will add approximately 15 minutes to your prep time for this pie)
- Prepare graham cracker crust, if making from scratch, allow to cool before proceeding (putting crust in freezer will decrease cooling time considerably.)
- Prepare marshmallows, leave snipped bits in powdered sugar bowl, set aside.
- Prepare both boxes of pudding mix together. Using a wire whisk is best; whisk pudding mixture for about two minutes. The filling will be slightly thickened but not yet set. Proceed immediately to next step.
- Add marshmallow bits to filling mixture, dusting off excess powdered sugar; stir until evenly blended. Proceed to next step right away.
- Pour filling mixture into prepared crust; use a spatula to spread evenly into crust if necessary.
- Slice fresh strawberries onto top of pie, making an even layer as you go. You may also choose to arrange the strawberry slices in a pretty design if you choose not to top the pie with whipped cream.
- Place pie into freezer for at least two hours or over night.
- 10 - 15 minutes before serving remove from freezer to make serving frozen pie easier.
- Add whipped cream topping. Slice with a knife warmed with hot water, if necessary.
**If tiny size strawberry marshmallows are not available, the regular size ones are fine but need to be smaller:
Have a bowl of powdered sugar to the side. Using kitchen shears dipped in powdered sugar, snip each marshmallow into 1/4" sizes, keeping fingers, kitchen shears, and marshmallows coated with powdered sugar to avoid everything sticking to everything. (This takes approximately 4-5 minutes)
copyright 2014 cynthia june luciene
For a printable version without photos, click here
I hope you enjoy this pie as much as my son and I did!
Have a blessed day
Have a blessed day