Saturday, September 10, 2011

Crochet News: My Favorite Washcloth Pattern

If you've been following any crochet news you probably know that I found a fabulous washcloth pattern HERE and liked the pattern so much I used it to make my boyfriend an afghan for Christmas last year.  I'm still adding to the afghan because he wants it "King size" and right now it's only a double-bed size.  Hmph! 


I take my crocheting, anything I'm working on, everywhere I go.  Usually it's something small that doesn't require a pattern so I don't loose anything important.  One day I grabbed a ball of Peaches And Cream 100% cotton (which is what I'm using for Mike's afghan) and threw it in a bag.  I thought I had the right hook (H hook) but discovered half way down the road in the car that I had a "J" hook instead.


Needing to crochet because Mike was driving and I can't stand being in the passenger seat, wondering if he saw the old lady stepping into the crosswalk, wondering if he is going to stop at the red light or go through it - not that he would, it's just the way he drives that makes me want to stomp on the invisible brake pedal on my side of the car.  It stresses me out to see someone else drive so I distract myself with crocheting the entire car ride.  It has saved the relationships I have with my boyfriend, my daughter, and anyone else I've been a passenger with in my car.  lol.  Really.

Since I had to crochet to save my sanity I went ahead and used the J hook to make the washcloth pattern I have made so many of for Mike's afghan.  I'm really glad I made the mistake of grabbing the wrong hook because the end result was not suitable for Mike's afghan but it produced a beautifully soft, supple washcloth that is a nice large size for body washing. 





I've made several washcloths to give as gifts with body wash and lotions, but I always felt they were kind of "hard" feeling.  Using the J hook resolved this problem and made the cloth a bit bigger, which is great too. 
Once again, this is where you can get the free pattern:  Spa Necessities on the Red Heart website. 
Have fun!
cynthia

No comments: